Blogging about Kid’s Delight these past couple of days, I was not able to decide what to blog about on this third day. Since this is the first time I am doing the Blogging Marathon organized by http://www.spicingyourlife.in/ I wanted everything to be perfect. I thought of something then scratched it, then thought of something else then that got thrown out and it continued.
When this was all going on, my youngest one was behind me to make Tacos. We had got this Taco making kit and she wanted to try it out. I was putting it off for weeks. I had promised her this weekend I would do it. With a recipe I had in my mind for Tacos, I went shopping for the ingredients that was missing for the Tacos. Still I had not decided what I would do for my third dish for the Blogging Marathon. Then it strikes me, why not put up my recipe for Tacos!!!
Brilliant! My kids were delighted that I am putting up their try out in my blog.
- Minced Beef/ Chicken (kheema) – 400 gm
- Onion – ½ of a medium one finely diced
- Capsicum – ½ of a red and green finely diced
- Tomato paste -1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp.
- Coriander leaves – half a bunch
- Cheddar cheese – ½ cup
- Mozzarella cheese – ½ cup
- Taco Seasoning – 1 pkt
- Taco Shells – 1 box
- Heat a tsp of oil in a pressure cooker and add the meat to it
- Lightly brown the meat. If beef mince is used, it will give out a lot of fat. Drain the fat
- Add the rest of the oil to the pressure cooker and sauté the onions
- Once the onions are soft and translucent, add the meat back to this
- Add the seasoning, tomato paste and cook in the pressure cooker for 2 whistles if the using beef and 1 whistle if using chicken
- Open the pressure cooker and cook off any water
- Add the diced capsicum and cook till it is soft
- Add the coriander leaves and switch off the flame
- In a 180C preheated oven toast the taco shells for 6-7 min
- Once cooled, fill the tacos with the meat and any salad veggies (my kids are green haters so no veggies for them!)
- Mix both the cheeses and top the taco with this mix and bake in the oven for another 5-6 min or till the cheese is melted
- Garnish with coriander leaves